Cooking with Fohen - Halloween Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Halloween is almost upon us and what better way to keep warm during these cold winter evenings. This creamy pumpkin soup is flavoured with fresh thyme, garlic, and peppercorns. Add a little cream to bring out the sweet flavour of the pumpkin and enjoy.
To make this dish you will need:
- 1.5L chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 400g fresh pumpkin, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 100ml double cream
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
To cook simply follow these steps:
- Use the Fohen instant boiling water tap to add boiling water to a pan, heat the stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic and peppercorns. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Purée the soup in small batches using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pot and bring to the boil again. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in double cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley
Save time cooking with a Fohen instant boiling water tap. Read more >