The sausage, leek & cabbage pasta dish is a nutritious dish that is quick to make and tastes great.
To make this dish you will need:
- 1 x 200g pack pre-prepared cabbage and leek
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 100g lighter crème fraiche
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 x reduced fat pork sausages
- 150g farfalle, or other dried pasta
To cook simply follow these steps:
- Use the Fohën tap to fill a large pan of boiling salted water. Fry the shallot in the olive oil over a low heat until soft. Cut the sausages, discard the skins and roughly chop the meat.
- Add the dried pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 10-12 minutes. Drain well, reserving a ladleful of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, add the sausage meat to the shallot and fry over a medium-high heat for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Microwave the cabbage and leek according to pack instructions.
- Reduce the heat under the frying pan, add the garlic and fennel seeds and stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Stir though the crème fraiche, cooked greens and a good grinding of black pepper, plus lemon juice to taste.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce along with enough of the reserved cooking water to give a coating consistency.