Are boiling water taps worth it?
Are Boiling Water Taps Worth It? Here's What You Should Know!
When the hot new faucet trend hit the market, many were excited about the prospect of never having to manually fill a kettle again. The idea is simple: Just install an automatic water faucet, and voila! No more fumbling with a kettle, no more waiting for hot water to arrive. You just flick the handle and instantly you’ll have a steaming hot cup of tea or coffee waiting for you. But before you rush out and replace your old faucet with a new one, you should know whether or not the instant boiling water tap is right for you.
In this article, we’ll be taking a look at exactly what you can expect from instant boiling water taps, as well as answering some of the most commonly-asked questions. So whether you’re looking to upgrade your kitchen faucet or you’re just curious about these hot water taps and whether they’re worth it, keep reading to learn more about the instant boiling water tap.
What is an Instant Boiling Water Tap?
A boiling water tap is a water tap that has a built-in mechanism that allows you to heat water to a specific temperature in seconds. With an instant boiling water tap, you don’t have to wait around for water to come to a boil—you can press a button and dispense boiling water immediately. They allow you to choose between hot water and cold water, and they have a lever or button you can press to dispense hot water. The faucet does all the work, and the water pours out into a built-in spout.
Is an Instant Boiling Water Tap Worth It?
There are a few things you should consider before taking the plunge and buying an instant boiling water tap. For one thing, most of these taps are often more expensive than traditional taps. But are they worth the investment?
The Benefits of an Instant Boiling Water Tap
- Easy, Clean Kitchen: By removing the need for a kettle, you can keep your kitchen cleaner and mess-free. No more messy kettles and spoons left around your kitchen worktop or in your sink.
- Looks amazing: A boiling water tap can act as the centrepiece of your kitchen. They are available in many colours and finishes such as gold, brass, platinum and even bright colours like pink and white. You will be sure to find one that suits the style of your kitchen. Read our guide to luxury modern kitchen designs here.
- Save Time: Having piping hot, 98.9°C water available on demand is guaranteed to save you time each day. Having an instant boiling water tap means you no longer have to wait around for water to come to a boil before you can start preparing your meals or your morning coffee.
With the average person boiling a kettle 4 times per day at an average boil time of 85 seconds, an Instant Boiling Water Tap would save 1.4 days every year by simply waiting for the kettle to boil.
- Save Money: Did you know that a hot water tap can actually save you money? For example, the Fohen Instant Boiling Water Tap system costs as little as 9p per day to run, which is a saving of 3p per day based on the average number of times a kettle is boiled per day. This excludes the number of times a kettle is re-boiled as it has cooled down or to boil a pan of water for cooking.
- Better for your health: With boiling water taps, you can enjoy great-tasting drinking water all day, every day due to the carbon purity cold water filter that removes limescale & chemical impurities found in the mains water supply. Added to that, the water is ‘boiled through’ because it is stored in the tank at a temperature of 98.9ºC.
In addition to this, research published in the journal 'Nature Food' shows that boiling water in a traditional plastic kettle could contain more than 10 million micro-plastic particles which can be harmful to your health. Read more about why you need to give up plastic kettles here.
So, which Instant Boling Water Tab is the best?
Many hot water taps on the market require separate cold-water supply and plumbing. This is one of many reasons why we believe Fohen's Instant Boiling Water taps are the best. Fohen's unique system does not need extra pipework, and as an unvented system, it's quick and easy to install. There’s no excess discharge, saving you on water and metered bills. Here are a few more reasons why Fohen taps stand out from the rest:
- The Fohen 3-in-1 boiling water tap features a 360° swivel spout for ease of use and flexibility, along with safety features such as a double spring-loaded child-safe lock and a cool touch spout. Designed to save you time cooking, eradicating your need for a kettle.
- The 98° instant prefiltered water is passed through the cool touch taps and is hot enough to brew a cup of tea or coffee several times before it automatically refills.
- The boiling water system is a compact brushed stainless steel 2.4 Litre Tank that can fit unobtrusively under your sink. With the touch screen digital display, you can adjust the temperature from 75° to 98°. Cold water from your mains is filtered into the water tank, which is then boiled within the tank to your set temperature.
Read more detailed information about why Fohen Taps are the best option on the market here.
Are instant boiling water taps worth it? The Final Verdict
While an instant boiling water tap is an investment, we like many others believe it is a worthwhile one. If you want to ditch your old kitchen faucet in favour of a quick, neat and stylish hot water tap option then yes, it is worth it.